I tried skiing for the first time during the winter of 2006. Packed up with wind cheaters and shoes we headed 20 miles west of hartford towards Mt.Southington a skiing area in connecticut. Renting the equipment costed us $75 a person which was expensive but the thrilling experience and enjoyment was worth it. Being the first time we took some classes from an instructor. I was a slow learner in the beginning but got hold of the knack in few hours. Took a lift ticket and reached the top of first stage hill to try the slope. I should tell you it wasn't that easy controlling myself from falling down the inclination. Oh Man! the speed you gather during the course really scares you to the limit.For those of who havent skiied, You should know that you have to twist your legs to form a cross to control your speed down the slope. At one point you will feel like your knee caps are going to break off. Well frankly saying, this sport is not for those with weak knees.
Half of the day went trying again and again through the slope. Now coming to the painful part. The area was so cold that our finger tips started paining. If you ever wanted to try skiing make sure you take rest the next day. Sounds dangerous but I had the satisfaction of learning a new sport on my way back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment